Alpha Technologies Ltd. Statement on the Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) Directive 2011/65/EU
Alpha Technologies Ltd. is committed to meeting RoHS requirements. Our company has launched an extensive RoHS program on substitute materials to restrict potentially harmful materials in its products where technically feasible while ensuring high product quality and reliability.
In support of the RoHS and Directive, Alpha Technologies Ltd.:
- Will produce RoHS Compliant versions of existing products, provided all parts used in existing products are obtainable with reasonable lead times, pricing, packaging, and minimum quantity requirements from component suppliers.
- Will consider redesigning products to adhere to the Directives if an existing product cannot be directly converted to lead-free manufacturing.
- Where possible, new product designs will be manufactured to comply with the RoHS Directive and likely will not be available in versions that contain lead.
- Will implement inspection techniques to verify vendor claims that components supplied to Alpha Technologies Ltd. are RoHS Compliant. These techniques may include: factory audit, chemical analysis, X-ray Fluorescence Spectrometry (XRF), and vendor’s product labeling.
- Will have separate rework stations for lead-containing and lead-free products. Assembly subcontractors have installed equipment to support lead-free manufacturing and exercise a RoHS management program.
Alpha Technologies Ltd is also committed to meeting all applicable emerging requirements related to restrictions of hazardous substances in products. As the industry as a whole moves toward RoHS compliance, there will be a transition period during which Alpha Technologies Ltd. will have to maintain both traditional leaded and lead-free products to accommodate customers. Alpha Technologies Ltd. will clearly mark RoHS-compliant products with internationally recognized icons or equivalent as practical.
If you have a question or a concern about a certain product please contact our Sales department for status on that product.